Tuesday, September 8, 2009

County fair performers...this year ( ta-da! ) .....is......

I stopped at the Wayne county fair grounds this morning and purchased our tickets to see Ray Stevens perform. What a fun concert that ought to be! Tickets were only $12.
My first memory of any of his songs was, 'Along came Jones'. That was early high school for me. However, when I was 19, streaking became the shocking rage. I was working in a factory in Beaumont, CA. ( Deutsh electronics ) when ' The Streak' hit the airwaves. Oh my. From there it was a delightful parade of Ray Stevens songs to tickle the funny bone and poke fun at human nature. Like a Norman Rockwell painting set the music, we heard the words and in our minds saw the images; whether it be streakers, Tarzan boggying with monkey, or of course our all time fav the 'Mississippi squirrel.' We all know Berta better-than-you and secretly wish we had been at that Sunday meeting.
Ray Stevens, thank you for making us laugh for four decades. Keep the musical genius pot stirring.

No comments:

Post a Comment