Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sea glass

If you have never had the opportunity to search for sea glass, you truly have missed out. If you like treasure hunting, water and beaches, then this is the activity for you. I have found loads of sea glass on Put-in-bay on South Bass island ( Lake Erie ), and Burlington, VT. After I have filled my pockets and can hardly straighten up, then I know the time has come to move on. Recenty my daughter Connie, Dean and my husband Dave and I were at PIB wandering the pebbled shore with keen eyes, stooped over with the gusto of a dusty 49'er.
What do you do with it after you have found it? I suppose the sky is the limit; jewelry, lining clear floral vases, aquariums, flower pots, gluing them to old mirror and picture frames, and just plain setting them out on a table to admire. After all, it is your treasure!

PS...check out the American seaglass association on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment